Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happiness.... is it?

"Wherever you are, be all there. Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God."

~Elliot, Jim
I was talking with someone today and they mentioned something that caught my attention...
He was talking about a class in which they were discussing something along the lines of happiness. There were claims that money was the source of happiness... the person I was talking to did not agree with this and neither do I.
My thoughts:
I think that it can be frustrating for us as Christians to see people trying to provide their own happiness/joy for themselves. Whether it be through money or looking into themselves, they seem to lye their way into believing they have discovered the truth(the secret to living a full joyful life). As I go through life and its "storms" it becomes clear that Christ alone is the giver of Joy. I am thankful to Christ for strength he gives and the joy that he heaps into my life even when I do not deserve it (I believe this is called grace).
It is when I see people trying so hard to make something of themselves to "feel" all put together that I want to tell them that they are working in vain. I want to tell them that they desperately need Christ to have true fullness. But I have also learned that so many just do not want help... it is sad... but they want to go their own way. I know this because I have tried my own way and it really does not work, it leaves more scars than success's, more sorrow than joy, and turns a life into a massive danger zone, which takes more time getting out of then getting into.
So for those looking for the source of joy, the secret to happiness, or peace. Take my words, which come from my experiences and go to Jesus, He really works when you let Him.

No comments: