Sunday, March 04, 2007

Why does life have to be so hard sometimes

I have had many "hard" moments my my life. In fact a few years back I had 2 years of one trial after another. I like to say "bring it on" in the in between times, but when I am going through it I just think it sucks. But I have to remember that Christ is shaping me and that I can not let the worldly things change who he is trying to make me and what he wants from me.

I know that I am not the same person that I use to be. Life, or I should say that I have dealt myself some nasty cards and that I am still on the "healing journey" but maybe life is just one long healing journey. What I mean is that God first created us as perfect beings, made solely for the purpose of worshiping him and loving him through everyday activities.Then that nasty thing called SIN entered the world and now we are all born sinners, in need of salvation. Yet even though we are saved; we still need continual healing through out our entire earthly lives. How does that verse go?
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
So even though it bites to go through the hard times. When I do go through them I remember this. I am a work in process and one day everything will be completely right again because of Jesus gift of salvation. That crappy times maybe what I need to go through in order for Christ to do his good work in me, and then I say BRING IT ON! Most, likely in a small voice because I know that it might hurt.
The Good news is that I do not have to go through it alone. I have the strength of Christ, direction of the Holy Spirit and the support of other believers to keep me pressing on towards the goal.
Thanks to all who have supported me.
and Thank you Lord for those people... and for the crappy times...

No comments: