Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ahhh.... a taste of the old days!

PICTURE: So i know that the picture should be related to what I am writing but I am not willing to post a picture of me in a swimsuit so this will have to do!!

So today was Blast... I would have a hard time believing that anyone had a better time this morning than I did.
Ok so your thinking, what in the world was so good? Well I got to go swimming with my cousin Nate. He is just a blast. We went to the Ramada, we spent our time there well. We made our tubes into battle ships and balls into cannons, then set out to take down pyrite ships! When we were not battling pirate's we were riding the slides, We first went down on a double tube.. it kept getting stuck on one turn on the slide so finally after about four runs on the double tube we went searching for a smaller tube... Which we found. I tell you that one turn which we got stuck on suddenly become a thrill... We almost flipped over as we went around the curve... I decided then and there that I am going to have to go back with s few friends and see what those slides can really do!.

Some of you towns people are probably thinking so what.... I tell you tho this is the closest I have some to finding a slide that matches the spillway(which is a farms girls slide). For those of you who do not know what a spill way is I am about to inform you...

Spill way- is where a bunch of irrigation ditches combine and then run into the river.... it is a long down hill cement slide that is probably close to a 1/2 mile long. the tricky part is not ripping your skin off while doing down. Usually the medium of choice is an old tire tube from the farm... you sit on it and make sure you do let your hands, feet or bottom hit the cement.. unless you want to have a bare bottom or some scares to show everyone... I do not recommend it. SO yeah that is what a spillway is!

So anyway after swimming for 3 1/2 hours we headed home for some much needed lunch... it was a good time
well that is about it!

No comments: